Saturday, August 05, 2006

clarity?

Spinning around. So fast that it didn’t even register as a conscious continuous action. My world doesn’t fit around me anymore as it used to. I have fallen and risen so many times that anticipating the next fall is occupying more mind space. So much so that I refuse to accept simple pleasures without suspicion. Is this the unbearable lightness of being?

But sometime during the long rides in a rambunctious car, as I sat tracing the twin droplets waltzing down the smoky dashboard, I made peace. I no longer felt violated by the changing air. I no longer fear the demise of the cocooned intimacy of a dear friendship. It didn’t grate uncomfortably that I was sleeping in the arms of a strange new life. There are new tastes, different smells, a whole new set of grays.

we can begin again
Shed our skin, let the sun shine in
At the edge of the ocean

2 Comments:

Blogger -n. said...

happy. glad. truly.

2:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too.
-C

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home